Thursday 12 July 2007

Video Of The Day - Tommy Salo Salute

Re-living another classic hockey moment:

Every hockey fan has seen this clip a million times before, each time it is brought out of the vaults the same reaction occurs amongst hockey fans. The collective slapping of the forehead in utter disbelief. Anyway this play still remains today as one of my all time favourites. So this is a video salute to the sloppy Swedish goalie. (The music is a bonus).

So, Tommy Salo will no doubt be remembered for that moment for the rest of his life. Even to this day so many years after the event it has to haunt his dreams every single night. He probably thinks to himself late at night " why Tommy?, why?... Why was I such a "poo" bag. I am a netminder for Christ sake I'm allowed to touch puck, why didn't I save it?, god I suck"

He thinks all of that in Swedish ofcourse ;p

I'm also going to guess that he even catches his wife looking at him shaking her head every now and then for no apparent reason. He doesn't ask why though, he already knows deep inside the feelings of habitual dislike she has for him all because of that goal!.

So here's to Tommy Salo and the years of therapy ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment