Sunday 9 March 2008

Random Results

It is playoff time in Europe and I know you are all just as excited as I am to read these very important scorelines. So where to start this time...

How about Croatia

KHL Zagreb 1-18 KHL Mladost (0:8,1:6,0:4)
This was game two of the semi-final series where only 100 people turned up at Velesajam Ice Hall. Interestingly the entire Zagreb team apart from one player who was off the ice for a valid reason at the time had been suspended for this match up after they refused to take the ice in protest after a minor penalty was called apon them 52 minutes in. Zagreb took to the ice with an under 18s squad.

Red Bull Salzburg 7-1 Vienna Capitals (2:1,5:0,0:0) - Series 4-1
So to the Austrian playoffs. I put this result in because I actually took this game in online. Red Bulls won pretty easily and the third period turned out to be a snore fest. I have actually been watching quite a lot of Austrian hockey recently and haven't been to impressed with their on ice product but maybe I shouldnt be to harsh thise time as I was watching a team with the name Capitals in it.

And in Hungary

Dunaújvárosi Acélbikák 2-6 Csíkszeredai Hockey Club(1-2, 1-1, 0-3)
I also watched this online. I love sopcast!!!The game was actually pretty competitive despite the final score-line. The 1000 spectators in the small rink were also very loud and made a great atmosphere. A dood called Patrik Bosak scored twice for the visitors.

Hijs Den Haag 2-3 Flyers Heerenveen OT(1-1 0-0 1-1 0-1) - Series 1-3
Having looked into this match up I found that the most interesting thing to come out of it is that Heerenveen have a player called Ronald de Boer

Last but not least, A semi-final result from the Belgian league

HYC Herentals 5-4 IH Leuven(1-2,0-1,4-1)
The series sits at 1-1... Exciting stuff in Belgium

No comments:

Post a Comment