Tuesday 26 June 2007

Scandinavian Hockey Tour

Later this year around October or November time I plan to visit Sweden and Finland to catch at least six games in the SM-Liiga and Elitserien. The plan at this early stage (finger crossed) is to hopefully see three games in each country. I'm not completely sure what match-ups I will actually take it in yet because the lack of any Finnish fixtures is proving to be a pain in the arse and is holding me back from booking anything up. Anyway as long as I get to see HV-71 and Kärpät at their home venues I will be more than happy. Those two games will be the main reasons for going as I can already picture myself in a #20 Janne Pessonen Kärpät jersey, a # 41 Kalle Sahlstedt jersey and a #76 Johan Davidsson HV-71 top. The Sahlstedt merch will be a bonus, the talented skater is a former HV-71 player.... ;o)

In a perfect world, meaning the fixtures falling decently in Finland, I'll also get to see Jani Hassinen and Co play at HPK. A few Finns that I have spoken to have highly reccommended visiting Hamenlinna and their older rink!. So it shall be done

Other reasons for visiting Finland again being :

1) The Oulu Bikes - A must see apparently
2) Lapin Kulta - Mmmmmm beer goodness y'all
3) The genius of Hesburger!
4) Jim Bars

NO KILTS SHALL BE WORN IN EITHER COUNTRY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment